Local Headlines

Fire Guts Downtown Pontiac Warehouse

PONTIAC –  Multiple fire departments were on the scene Saturday of a large fire in the 300 block of North Chicago Street in Pontiac.   According to the Reading Fire Department, a warehouse behind a furniture store was fully engulfed around noon.  The four alarm fire brought Streator,

Continue Reading »

Thesauruses Donated to Students

MENDOTA – The Mendota Rotary Club gifted thesauruses to Lincoln School Students on Friday.   The pupils were given the books as a way to help grow, broaden, expand, bolster, and fill out their vocabulary.   The third grade learners were issued copies of the publication as a present from

Continue Reading »

Small Streator Fire Caused by Extension Cord

STREATOR – A small fire in a Streator garage was caused in part by a lightweight extension cord.   According to the Streator Fire Department they were called to the 200 block of West Twelfth Street before midnight Thursday for smoke coming from a garage.  Four firefighters battled the

Continue Reading »