Local Headlines

House Destroyed in Compton Fire; No Injuries

COMPTON-A mid-day fire in Compton destroyed a two story home and filled the small Lee County community with smoke on Monday. Around 11:30 firefighters were called to the 100 block of West Cherry Street for a home fully engulfed in flames. Multiple area departments responded, including Compton,

Continue Reading »

Gas Leak Sends Students Home Early at L-P

LASALLE – A gas leak Monday morning ended the day early for students and staff at L-P High School Superintendent Steven Wrobleski said that after 9:30 a.m. they discovered a problem in the boiler house and as a precaution they dismissed students and staff. A smell was noticeable in parts

Continue Reading »